Monday, December 13, 2010

Detachment

I'm reading through an article I received through Yoga Journal about detachment. While the article's email was talking about in relation to the holiday season I'm finding that it's something I really want to cultivate in my life right now. Not the first time I've decided this, but hopefully this will be that "third time's a charm" moment.

I find myself very dissatisfied with a lot of things going on in my life right now and find it increasingly difficult to remain positive about any of it. While I know that feelings of gloom and resentment only doom me to feeling more of the same, I find the slope sticky and slippery to climb out of the "hole" that it's creating. I try to talk about it, but generally all that does is make me angrier, it doesn't really work through the feelings or get to the bottom of them - it just puts the energy out there even more.

I don't want to be unhappy or nitpick everything in my life into oblivion, but I don't know what else to do to solve it...back to reading the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment