Monday, December 6, 2010

Thankful - Joyful - Grateful

This season is full of so much sorrow for me, bad memories and unpleasantries that I do not wish to remember or face. However, I am not the only one who feels this way as I know many are stressed and feel bogged down around the holiday season - a time that should be full of laughter, joy, and celebration but often is full of stress, dampening down any real joy we feel in this day and age.

Starting with Thanksgiving and sales for Christmas leads to hectic times as families and individuals rush to get ready and do last minute things for the season. Rarely do we take the time to reflect and introspect (what Winter is about), or take a moment away from the hustle and bustle to really be thankful (any holiday's message) for our experiences and what we do have.

Time here and there someone will become reflective about the season, though it's not a guarantee to stay in their mind year to year as so many people are "out of sync" with the changes we go through and the true meaning of these cycles.

So today I'm taking some time to think about my life and what there is to be thankful and joyful for - for without celebrating, appreciating, and acknowledging that which we have, why should expect to receive more?

Things I am Thankful/Joyful/Grateful for...
  • a healthy baby
  • a place to stay
  • food in my pantry & fridge
  • caring friends I can trust
  • a loving partner who is willing to dote on me
  • safety
  • opportunities to succeed
  • lessons that lead to growth
I was urged to start this private blog by a friend and fellow healer and though I have severely slacked off on keeping it up, it's still going and I'm grateful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment